Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Time for a BREAK..(in the KB 'road...with prettty MUSIC !!)

After an eval by my (great) PT,it was determined my hip issue stems from too much of a good thing-
I'm hyper-mobile(lotsa stretch )which ,in my case equals a real weakness on my Right side.
No lifting for 2 weeks,thera-band work to get my strength up in the external rotators.
The great thing about a really experienced practitioner is the ability to ask the right questions,and not just take a shot at a general conclusion..
Now,my guy used to be my boss,and the first thing he questioned me on was my mvt patterns,"had i been
FENCING?"--Since my Left foot points straight ahead like a normal homo-sape,but my RIGHT foot?
"en garde" dude...i walk @ an angle of 15*(years of lunges,advances,retreat,all to my Right!!)
20 mins. of ROM and strength tests later,i was actually releved to have a "script" to throttle back my training
for a while.Don't get me wrong--i'll workout every damn day,just differently,that's all..



The reason for this"farewell" vid.(relax,i'm back to hit it in 2weeks..)was to drive home my "lesson" this week":You don't get what ya WANT,ya get what ya DESERVE...which,in my case,is the KB gods of Aasgard telling me to earn my BBQ without the 'bells....Maybe i'm sensitive to it,but the video shows a
'jerk doin' jerks without getting Greedy(good thing)but without Drive to push(not good thing).
Ahh,rest/recovery/return--sounds like a plan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment