Sunday, December 26, 2010

...Year end reflections- (first in an infinate series)(oh,jeez...)

About 8 months back i made the bold statement that if this guy could go from this:

(ok--he played Kirk's DAD in ST).........

to this:

Well,Hell,then the name for MY fitness transformation should be ..wait for it..
"Kirk-to-Thor"....and hey,i would be a changed man just as the movie opened..Lean,and God-like...
Well,a minor injury(see"hip"),and life in general got in the way,so we may be waiting a while for that pic of me in the rain,swinging a Kettlebell like Chris is
working that 'hammer.
My reason for 'posting is to remind myself that as hard as i trained,as clean as i ate,some things are just out of my(our client's) control.
I am SO proud that,considering my inability to hit the gym and the 'bells hard for,like
6 weeks..my body wt. is only up 2 lbs.,while my bf% has actually stayed the SAME!!
That's with my ONLY allowed"cardio" being Tabata ROPE work!!!
SO:the first of my New Year's resolutions has nada to do with losing weight,nada to do with fitting into skinnier damn jeans,or what we will in evidently hear from
folks hitting the gym hardcore early Sat. morning.(Jan.1rst..)

No,i resolve to continue staying in touch with what matters..staying fit and healthy,without fixating on numbers or appearances,and recognizing that i can now be more attuned to expressing that to MY clients!
Hey,sit on the other side of the 'eval table when the surgeon describes how,in order
to reshape your femur,he'll have to dislocate your hip--WHA?
Excuse me,i have some PT and Tababa work to do..STAT!!

Hope everyone enjoys the last full week of '10,and takes a little time
to reflect on how we can best serve our fitness client base...
(the guy(Chris Hemsworth) DOES look kinda badass in the 'poster......maybe a couple-a deadlifts...)
..don't tell my PT.........

No comments:

Post a Comment