Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Why Beatles Rock Band may destroy my life.......


OK OK,a plastic guitar in the house is one thing,but when a grown man starts getting the shakes while passing the video game section of Best Buy because they 'got the new BEATLES Rock Band demo going full bore...trouble.("i'm a loser")
All i wanted was a little case for my little camcorder--i even had a $$ balance on a BB gift card from my Auntie in Florida.....then i saw it ("i just saw a face")....on the 42 inch 'plasma.......Blue shirt:"hot off the presses..5-song demo,wanna try?"
Do I?
I didn't mean to knock that cute 8 year-old down,but Hell,go find some Dora-the-explorer action,dude,really.....you were not even around for the Monkees....jeez...
After plowing through"Here comes the Sun" and "Yellow Submarine" three times,i noticed a small crowd gathering.Rather than surrender my plastic Strat,i encouraged the "kid" to sit down and jam with me on the Playskool-like drumkit.."I wanna play a ROCK song"--Again,kid--it's NOT called AIR SUPPLY ROCK BAND....just hit"enter". An animated magical mystery tour of the Ed Sullivan theater later and he took a powder,to be replaced my a real adult,hey,like me,who kept nailing 100% scores on "difficult"-clearly a Rock Band ringer.
"How does it look"? he asked while tapping away-you see,one does not stare at anything but the long and winding ,and endless,fretboard of the game.The building could be burning down,a pit bull could be gnawing at your good leg--you want"double fab"score on "Day tripper"?-you DO NOT look at the (breathtakingly beautiful) graphics!!
("Something")finally got me to get up and walk away("i'll cry instead")and out into the daylight("Sun king").("It won't be long")Actually,only 2 weeks,till Beatles Rock Band hits on ("number 9") 9/9/09....That gives me just enough time to sell off my Grandmother's upright piano...

The drumset should just fit in that corner....

3 comments:

  1. HA!!
    Were the Beatles REALLY "all that"?
    regards,
    Mickey Dolenz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to confiscate "Guitar Hero"! Seems like you've turned into an Addict! Sounds like a new AA program.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still looking for the lost tapes from the legendary band "Opening Night"...

    ReplyDelete